Here are different actions you can use regularly in order to establish an effective environment for delegation:
- Allow others to make decisions and they’ll be more involved.
- Make people feel that they belong, and they will commit to your vision and action plan.
- Think and speak as “we”, not only “I”
- Acknowledge that mistakes are part of the learning process.
- Learn to know your personal strengths and limits.
- In reports and other communications include the names of everyone who contributed to the projects.
- Keep sharing and repeating why you are working together.
- Be available to others; at the same time foster ingenuity, creativity and encourage commitment.
If you haven’t developed the habit of delegating yet, you will probably experience a discomfort when delegating tasks you used to do. Learning to delegate requires change s in behaviours and thought patterns that are often deeply buried.