Tips & Co. #374 - 5 steps to failing well
Robert Kelsey, author of «What’s stopping you?» shows us how to fail properly and build the resilience necessary to reap the rewards of success.
- Consider it a setback, no more than a bend in the road on the certain journey towards eventual success. Didn’t get the promotion? So what? If it was part of a 10-year plan, one knock-back shouldn’t deter us.
- Don’t fear failure. Those who do often employ avoidance techniques – disrupting a task or pretending not to care – so they fail by default.
- See it as eliminating what won’t work. Why not assume 10 sales pitches for every proposal and five proposals for every sale?
- Learn the lessons. Successes and failures teach us things. Focus on this and avoid the arrogance of victory or the despair of defeat.
- Be strategic. In relationships, both personal and professional, a strategic defeat might work to our long-term advantage.
Sur le même sujet: