Tips & Co. #393 - Digital detox
Phones, laptops, smartwatches and tablets… The average person checks their phone 200 times a day, or every six and a half minutes. Being hyperconnected causes stress and is source of psychosocial disorders.
To avoid becoming the slave or victim of your devices, do a digital detox regularly:
- Stop the pings – deactivate all notifications
- Break away from digital devices for definite periods of time
- Spend a day per week or a lapse of time each day (like meal times) without any digital devices
- Plan preestablished periods of time to acknowledge and check your professional emails and text messages.
- Give yourself a curfew – Turn off your device when you go to bed.
- Established tech free areas.
- Take mini vacations / breaks away from social medias.